Zebra Mimi Blouse

image

I finished my wearable toile of the Mimi Blouse from ‘Love at First Stitch’ almost a month ago with the intention to then make the real thing. And then uni started again and I put sewing on the back burner until last weekend when I decided to get my arse in gear and make this zebra patterned Mimi I’ve been telling myself I’ll make.

The only major change I made between this version and my toile was to make this blouse sleeveless. The sleeves on my gingham version were quite tight and I haven’t worked out how to redraft them to stop that yet. Instead I used bias binding to finish the armholes.

image

(The bodice pieces attached to the yoke)

My other challenge with this version of the blouse is that I was sewing with chiffon rather than cotton, something I haven’t done before and is a new challenge as the fabric frayed and slipped about more. Using lots of pins and finishing all the edges helped to combat these problems though.

image
(Collared and faced with the front pinned together)

Like with my last Mimi there are puckers in the collar and the facing and I think they’re more noticeable this time but I still like the look of the garment. I also spilt tea on one of the front bodice pieces while I was sewing but from a distance you can’t tell and it will come out in the wash!

This Mimi feels a lot messier but I’m also really pleased with it as it was my first time using chiffon and bias binding. I love the print too so I’m sure it won’t be long before I’m wearing it out and about!
image

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Zebra Mimi Blouse

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s